Did you know that 50% of GW’s electricity comes from solar power? Students and others have filled more than 1,380,000 reusable water bottles. And, GW diverts more than 40% of its waste from landfills. Faculty members and departments across the University conduct important research on issues ranging from melting ice in the Arctic, to environmental law, to sustainable business practices.
Partnerships across the university and in the community make it possible to combine numerous kinds of deep expertise in a manner that builds on individual contributions to create sophisticated solutions that leverage all of the university’s intellectual assets. Contact Us to Partner.
Support Sustainability in Action
- Support GW's efforts in energy, waste, and water.
- Connect with student volunteers.
- Become a guest lecturer.
- Promote an internship or job opportunity.
- Fund a faculty researcher.
- Fund a student researcher.
- Connect with other faculty around interdisciplinar research.
Support DC Climathon
- Support innovators and entreprenuers tackling impacts of climate change in DC.
- Contribute prize money.
- Mentor teams.
Support Eco-Equity Challenge
- Support student environmental justice projects in DC.
- Contribute project funding.
- Become a community partner.
College of Professional Studies
- Sustainable Landscapes Program
Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- Planet Forward
GW School of Business
- Institute for Corporate Responsibility
- Center for Real Estate and Urban Analysis
Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Department of Environmental and
- Occupational Health
- Sumner M. Redstone Global Center for Prevention and Wellness
- The Food Policy Institute
- Antibiotic Resistance Action Center
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Faculty who developed the Capital Partners
- Solar Project (CPSP) Living Lab
- Environmental & Energy Management Institute
Elliott School of International Affairs
- Institute for International Economic Policy
- Partnerships for International Strategies in Asia
School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Rodham Institute
GW Law School
- Sustainable Energy Initiative
• Academic Affairs
• Academic Technologies
• Animal Research Facility
• Athletics Department
• Center for Student Engagement
• Colonial Inauguration
• Compliance Office
• Division of Development and Alumni Relations
• Division of External Relations
• Division of Information Technology
• Division of Operations
• Executive Vice President’s Office
• Finance Office
• Health and Emergency Management Services
• Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service
• Human Resources
• Office for Study Abroad
• Office of Diversity, Equity and Community Engagement
• Office of General Counsel
• Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Office of Institutional Research and Planning
• Office of International Programs
• Office of Risk Management and Insurance
• Office of the Vice President for Research
• Office of the Provost
• Office of the President
• The George Washington University Museum and The Textile Museum
• Campaign GW
• Food Recovery Network
• Fossil Free GW
• GroW Community Garden
• GW Student Association
• Net Impact, GW Chapter
• TRAiLS (Teaching Recreation and Adventure
incorporating Leadership and Service)