The Sustainability Intern would work with the Potomac Riverkeeper to develop a web page and outreach materials to drive reduction of trash and plastic pollution in the Potomac River. The Potomac Riverkeeper protects the public’s right to clean water by stopping pollution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and design webpage for Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s website to discuss the problems of trash and plastic pollution in the Potomac River, including the sources of trash pollution, the implications for wildlife, and how people can help to reduce plastics and other trash in the river.
- Prepare and make social media and ENews postings about Potomac Riverkeeper’s work to reduce trash pollution and how people in the watershed can help to reduce it.
- Organize and attend 2-3 trash clean ups in the watershed.
- Must be a full or part time student at George Washington University in relevant discipline
- Commitment to mission of Potomac Riverkeeper Network
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of social networking forums
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic design experience
- Ability to work 15 hours per week for the full spring semester, January – May 2020.
Eligible for externship credit
How to Apply
Applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line, SUSTAINABILITY INTERN. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class