Eco-Reps are sustainability leaders who promote a culture of sustainability within the GW residence halls and community. Eco-Reps inform and engage students in activities that encourage a sustainable lifestyle.
What does it mean to be an Eco-Rep?
- Eco-Reps lead activities and events within the residence halls that encourage sustainable living.
- Eco-Reps are volunteers, and any student interested in participating is welcome to sign up.
- Tool-kits, workshop templates, and sample activities will be available.
- Eco-Reps are encouraged to create their own activities and projects as well.
- Sustainable GW will provide training on basic sustainability topics like disposing of waste properly.
- Eco-Reps attend regular General Body Meetings.
What types of initiatives do Eco-Reps host?
- Encouraging students to compost food waste.
- Managing a "green room certification" program.
- Educating students about topics like sustainable food or avoiding single-use plastics.
- Providing resources on topics like shopping sustainably.
- Promoting university sustainability initiatives like Green Move Out.